CALLING FOR RESEARCH POSTER SUBMISSIONS!
You’re invited to submit research abstracts for the poster presentation exhibit that will be displayed at the NAVIGATOR 2019 in National Harbor, Maryland, USA, April 24-26! Topics include the wide range of subjects related to emergency dispatch research, in any discipline—published or unpublished.
Abstract submissions will be accepted in Dutch, Italian, and German; however, English is preferred.
Submitted abstracts will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Is research topic relevant to emergency dispatch?
- Is the poster presentation clear and well organized?
- Is the question posed by the authors well defined?
- Are the methods appropriate and well described?
- Are the data sound?
- Does the conclusion accurately convey what has been found?
- Abstract submissions must be received by Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
- Abstract submissions will be reviewed by IAED’s Research & Informatics Division and acceptance will be announced no later than Friday, March 1, 2019.
- For accepted abstracts, PDFs of posters are due by Friday, March 29, 2019.
- Posters will be accepted in Dutch, Italian, and German; however, English is preferred.
- Posters will be translated and displayed in English.
- Printed poster size is 42″ wide by 30″ high.
- Displaying a poster at NAVIGATOR grants permission for your abstract and poster to be published in the Annals of Emergency Dispatch & Response (AEDR).
- It is the author(s) responsibility to bring their poster to NAVIGATOR 2019. If an author(s) will not be attending, arrangements can be made.
- If the author(s) will attend NAVIGATOR, they will be invited to present their poster during a session.
From the accepted abstracts and subsequent received posters, IAED’s Research & Informatics Division will select a winning research poster. The winning poster will be announced during the conference’s closing lunch and noted as the winning poster when published in the Annals of Emergency Dispatch & Response (AEDR), the Academy’s peer-reviewed research journal.
Author(s) of the winning poster will also have the opportunity to expand the study into a full original research manuscript (if not yet published in other peer-reviewed journal) for publication consideration in the AEDR.
IAED Research & Informatics Division’s mentorship will be available, if needed.